Re: How to set the form in ENTER_QUERY mode when it is started?

From: <suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca>
Date: 11 Dec 98 13:50:52 GMT

Hi:

Thank you for all your help.

The reason I ask because I don't understand why the form is strated in INSERT mode for some reason. So I don't understand. The form is not written by me.

Thanks,

Glenn Pearce (pearceg_at_xtra.co.nz) wrote:
: This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

: suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca wrote:
: >
: > Hi Glenn:
: >
: > I know why now after I read the HELP. Oracle said that I can't chnage the
: > block when ENTER_QUERY is used. But I have to work on two block. Will it
: > be a good idea to create several blocks?
: >
: > I have a form allows user to have three options. Each option has differnet
: > search criteria. So I use three stack views to handle this. I put three
: > query fields in three separate blocks. But the bad thing is I have to
: > change the block very frequent.
: >
: > Glenn Pearce (pearceg_at_xtra.co.nz) wrote:
: >
: > : suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca wrote:
: > : >
: > : > Hi:
: > : >
: > : > How can I start the form in Query mode in When-New-Form-Instance. I have
: > : > try 'ENTER_QUERY', but Oracle complains the Function cannot be performed
: > : > here.
: > : >
: > : > I'm pretty sure that the blocks are allowed query.
: > : >
: > : > --
: > : > Best regards,
: >
: > : You get that message when the block you are doing the enter_query on
: > : does not have a base table. Are you sure that the cursor is in the block
: > : you want to do the query on? Do a go_block('x') just before the
: > : enter_query to be sure.
: >
: > : Glenn
: > --
: > Best regards,

: Not sure that I understand the problem but one option is to have a block
: for entering the search criteria then programatically creating the where
: clause for each block using the set_block_property command. Then
: go_block('x');
: execute_query;
: go_block('y');
: execute_query;