Re: Forms 4.5: How to get the path where Oracle is installed from Forms?

From: Sandy <Sandeep.digra_at_in.bosch.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:11:50 +0530

Hello Petr,
             You can get the location of the oracle_home in forms using package TOOL_ENV.
Declare a variable
home varchar2(50);
Use this line in forms code to get oracle home in varaible home
Tool_env.getvar('ORACLE_HOME',home);

After that you can call the discoverer from   home||'\bin' directory at run time.

Regards
Sandeep

Petr Jarunek wrote:

Hello,
My name is Petr Jarunek and I'm from the Czech Republic..
I have problem and i really don't know how to deal with it. Let me tell
the problem.
I'm supposed to create button in Oracle Forms 4.5 which would run Oracle
Discoverer 3.0. The problem is that i can't just write the path which is on
my computer. For example, my path would be c:\orant and  somewhere else it
would be c:\orawin or c:\orawin95... (depending on the operating system -
it's a client side). Is there a way to get it from ORACLE_HOME register in
PL/SQL where the path is saved ? If not, is there any other way how to get
the path from Forms or just anyhow?
I'd appriciate your  help. I feel like a desperate man.
 If you don't find the time to respond my mail - thanks for reading it
anyway.
Petr