Re: Designer2000 v.s. Developer2000

From: Herman Viaene <herman.viaene_at_alcatel.be>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:10:41 +0100

[Quoted] Go for Designer. The factor that convinced me to sticking to it, is maintenance [Quoted] of your applications. If you try to stick to generating as much as you can, [Quoted] you'll find out that adaptions are very quick to make and out in production. [Quoted] Even during design this is very important. But do not forget to document very [Quoted] carefully what changes you have made manually to generated applications. If you [Quoted] [Quoted] need manual changes, you better have Developer as well. But the need for it is [Quoted] not that great anymore since Designer 2. BTW, I think you better wait for [Quoted] Designer 2.1.2, since the previous versions had more than their fair share of [Quoted] problems, 2.1.2 should be an ample improvement on these

shan168_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> We have a problem in deciding which tool (Designer/2000 or Developer/2000) we
> should use to develop Oracle forms. Any comments from experienced developers
> will be truly grateful.

***** A L C A T E L  B E L L  S P A C E  &  D E F E N S E  *******
Herman Viaene
Berkenrodelei 33, B-2660 Hoboken, Belgium
Tel: (32/3)8295591
Fax: (32/3)8295502
OIS-mail: viaeneh_at_AM_at_BTMA97
Internet-mail: viaeneh_at_btmaa.bel.alcatel.be
X400: Viaene Herman (C=BE,A=RTT,P=ALCANET,OU1=BELA1,O=ALCATEL,
S="Viaene",G="Herman")