Re: Forms 4.5: How to get the path where Oracle is installed from Forms?

From: <cabral_at_merconet.com.br>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:23:26 GMT

Hello

With Forms is shipped a lib called D2KWUTIL.PLL, with a set of useful routines. One of them is WIN_API_ENVIRONMENT.Read_Registry. Use it in the way:

begin
  vvPath :=

     win_api_environment.read_registry('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE',
           'ORACLE_HOME',true);

exception
  when no_data_found
  • no key found... ... end;

It works in WIN95/98/NT, I do not know about Unix. Remember to concatenate '\bin\' to ORACLE_HOME.

Regards from Brazil
Luis Cabral