Re: master-detail - Relation - join condition !!!

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 11 Dec 1998 02:04:35 GMT

>I have a situation where I need to use some functions like "NVL" in the
>master-detail join condition.
>
>1. Is this possible ? i tried it does not work. I am using forms 4.5.7.1.6
>2. If not, Is there any other way to accomplish this ?
>
>One thing, i thought, is to create views, but I need to write a lot
>of triggers for data manipulation :-(

You cannot use the master-detail generation part fo Forms with a function because Oracle copies the value into the FK in the detail block into one of the properties, and it does not like this. Without knowing precisely what you are trying to do, I don't know what to suggest. In general, you might see if you can do anything in the POPULATE-DETAIL-RECORDS trigger, or the default where in the detail block.

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Fri Dec 11 1998 - 03:04:35 CET

Original text of this message