Executing Report 3.0 on Unix

From: Jim Mensching <drjim_at_ecst.csuchico.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:10:46 -0800

We need to build reports on Windows platforms, but execute them from within a program running on the Unix DB server and save files on that server via passed parameters. Hence, I wish to use the Reports run time functionality that is available on the client, but execute it from Unix. I cannot find an equivalent R30RUN32 program on Unix. Do I need to install additional modules on the DB server or do I need to install the Oracle application server? I would rather not install the app. server unless necessary.

We are running Reports 3.0 on Oracle 8.0.4.

Thank you for the help.

Jim Mensching Received on Thu Dec 10 1998 - 20:10:46 CET

Original text of this message