Re: SQL select question

From: Jochen Van den Bossche <Jochen.Van-Den-Bossche_at_eurocontrol.be>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:16:45 +0000

Wim Jans wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try this
>
> SQL> break on deptno skip 1
> SQL> select *
> from emp
> order by deptno

Try to put the column you use as break column (in this case deptno) as the first column: It looks better. (but you can't use 'select *' unless it is the first column you want to break on.)

IMPORTANT: do not forget to execute a 'break off' after the select! Otherwise it remains active and will affect any select with a deptno column...

SQL>
SQL> break on deptno skip 1
SQL> select deptno, empno, ename

  2 from emp