Re: Designer 2000 is Ugly.

From: Mike Daniell <mike_at_helix.com.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 12:27:50 +1000

Paul Fox wrote:

> One of the tipical things that are particularly ugly is the fact that you
> can have object (field, table, constrains, etc...) names of upto 30
> characters, but the designer tools only show the first 10 characters of
> these...

Have never had this problem. In the Navigator window I can see the full 30 characters. Do you maximise the window and select vertical tiling?

> We found it less painful to create the database in Access first, then
> load it into Designer...

For completely new tables, views, etc we create them in SQL*Plus and then reverse engineer them into the repository. For tables or views similar to an existing table or view we copy in the repository so that we carry across prompts, diaply sizes, etc.

> The only thing that designer is really good at is printing...

I have worked on Oracle's CASE products for several years, and find that D2K is a significant improvement on the earlier products, and a valuable tool at our site. And we don't use it for printing.

Mike Received on Thu Dec 10 1998 - 03:27:50 CET

Original text of this message