Re: Automate Data Entry

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 10 Dec 1998 03:47:06 GMT

>This is not a true Oracle question but it will help in our Oracle
>Manufacturing App's implementation. We are in the progress of implementing
>Oracle Manufacturing Apps (leaving behind our legacy system). We were able
>to convert much of our legacy data and import into the Application tables.
>However we have a significant amount of data that has to be entered
>manually. It is not cost affective to develop a programmatic solution (it's
>broken into many small unrelated pieces of information and will not be
>re-used).
>
>We have created several spreadsheets documenting the information that needs
>to be entered. Is there a "macro builder" we can use to pull this
>information from the spreadsheets and navigate the Oracle Forms to input the
>information?
>
>thanks

IF you can get it into an Excel spreadsheet, you can then put it into an Access table. From Access, you can create and ODBC connection and insert it into Oracle.

Not perfect (some issues with dates and longs etc from Access to Oracle), and a bit of a pain( ODBC), but it is possible.

Dan Hekimian-Willams Received on Thu Dec 10 1998 - 04:47:06 CET

Original text of this message