Stored procedures, ADO and VB 6.0 ....again ....HELP !!

From: (wrong string) ørgen Haukland <jorgen.hauikland_at_fou.telenor.no>
Date: 1998/12/09

Hello !

[Quoted] I've now spent 3 days trying to get VB 6.0 to fetch the result of a stored procedure without very much success. I should say. So now I'm back to basics and discovered the 'PERSONNEL.GET_EMPLOYEES' packaged procedure in the demobase that comes with Oracle, which would be a good starting point for what I am trying to accomplish in my VB app.

BUT: I have trouble calling this d... thing from SQL*Plus - which I thought should be fairly easy. I'm running Oracle 8.0.4 on an NT 4.0 box.

When I try f.ex:
[Quoted] SQL> execute personnel.get_employees (20, 15, 5)

I get this:
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'GET_EMPLOYEES'
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

The procedure has 2 IN parameters and one IN OUT parameter. What am I doing wrong ?

Has anybody good advice to get those employees in a VB TextBox via ADO ??

Thanks !!

Joergen Haukland
NORWAY Received on Wed Dec 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message