SQL*Loader: Record separaters...

From: Lonn Tite <ltite_at_serviceware.ca>
Date: 1998/12/09

I am looking for information on how I can set an end of record indicator in the control file when loading data into a 7.x database.

This very large data file (340MB) is tab delimited.

There are no quotes around string values and some values contain comma's within them.

My dilemma is that a field within each record contains multi-line text using carriage returns. I would like to set an end of record indicator
(~) in the control file if possible, to define where the end of a record
is found, seeing that I cannot use carrige returns.

I have tried the following and am receiving a syntax error.

ex.
Load data
Infile *
Into Table Emp
Insert
Fields Terminated by X'09'
(

   empno,
   empname,
   empnotes
   record terminated by X'7E' or ... by '~' ?????? )

Lonn Tite
ltite_at_serviceware.ca Received on Wed Dec 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message