Re: SQL*Loader: BAD file is empty?

From: Ernie Juanengo <juanengo_at_home.com>
Date: 1998/12/09

I can't say I've seen it happen. I use Oracle on unix. But I also know VMS. I would try to look at this from the VMS perspective. Does SQLLoader create a new version of the BAD file everytime? Or does it just overwrite one that already exists? Is the file size of this "empty" BAD file 0 blocks or 1 block? I'm wondering if Oracle is trying to write to the BAD file but VMS is not letting it because of disk quotas or something. Obviously it allowed you to create the file so the protection on the directory is ok.

Hope this helps. Received on Wed Dec 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message