Re: SQL*Plus reports on the Web

From: <toneczar_at_erols.com>
Date: 1998/12/09

Darla Higgins <darla.higgins_at_edwards.af.mil> wrote:

> Has anyone tried to deploy existing SQL*Plus reports using the PL/SQL
> toolkit of the Web Server 2.1 or OAS 3.0? I'd like to maintain all the
> formatting, subtotals, and totals that SQL*Plus provides with its
> COLUMN, COMPUTE, and BREAK commands.

I have just started on a similar project. I have many SQL*Plus scripts that I wrote over the last few years which I've started (in my spare time) porting to OWS and PL/SQL. I've done about 4 or 5 so far. They have all the functionality of the SQL*Plus reports but look better. And of course they're now in PL/SQL instead of straight SQL.

Chris

Chris Hamilton -- toneczar_at_erols.com
http://www.serve.com/cowpb/chamilton.html City of Washington Pipe Band