SQL select question

From: <dennishancy_at_eaton.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 16:12:13 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm hoping this will be a simple SQL question to answer.

[Quoted] I have a table with very few columns. I want to print each of the fields in [Quoted] this table, which I know will be a simple "select * from TABLE" command.

Ok, but I want to modify the output slightly. I think I need a "group by" or [Quoted] "break on" clause, but I'm not sure. I'd like to have each group of records [Quoted] having the same value for "field1" print together. In other words, having a [Quoted] blank line in between each group is my goal.

Can anyone shed some light on this for someone who doesn't use SQL that much? Thanks.

Dennis Hancy
Eaton Corporation
[Quoted] Cleveland, OH