Limitations of SQL loader?

From: Erik Ulven <erik_at_quasar.no>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 10:58:05 +0100

Hello experts out there.

I try to load som ascii files generated by Ocelot databaseengine.
One of the fields are varchar2(4000) which is not possible in Oracle, so the oracle equivalent is Long. the control file looks like this:

LOAD DATA
INFILE FREETEXT.TXT
APPEND
INTO TABLE FREETEXT
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
(SAFE_NO       NULLIF SAFE_NO="",
 CODE          NULLIF CODE="",
 LANGUAGE      NULLIF LANGUAGE="",
 TEXT          NULLIF TEXT="" )

This seems to work fine, but in the log it says:

Record 1: Rejected - Error on table FREETEXT, column TEXT.
Field in data file exceeded maximum specified length

etc....

Here is one of the rows that doesn't get loaded...

12018,"HA",47,"Brukt olje kan inneholde metallpartikler og nedbrytingsprodukter av olje, som medfører større helserisiko enn det opprinnelige produkt. Sprut eller avdamping fra arbeidsstykket p.g.a. høy temperatur eller andre forhold ved arbeidsprosessen, representerer den største helsefare."

This shouldn't be too much to insert into a Long field or what?

Can anyone please tell me what i have done wrong, or what i haven't done?
I'm supposed to fix this for a customer NOW....

Thanks for you help.

Erik