Re: Oracle sucks on NT, was Re: 8.5 OPINION

From: Robin Quasebarth <robinq_at_data-pointnospam.com>
Date: 1998/12/07

Hmmmmm, I would be curious to hear what you think is a good tool. Is there a learning curve you are having problems with or is it RDBMS concepts you have problems with? I use NT. NT (Well, Windows for that matter) is a sucky operating system but that is what the world seems to be stuck with right now. It seems more stable with Service Pack 3 but still amazes me that Windows is ruling the world and so clugey and un-innovative. However, I have used the Oracle Forms and Reports (I hated SQL*Forms) since their beginning and the tools are quite incredible when used with a properly designed and constrained database other than getting Windows to handle memory properly. All the stuff they do automatically compared to VB and such make my life a breeze and applications are up and running correctly in no time not to mention user-friendly. Maybe there is a problem in your database design or your understanding of Oracle concepts. rq