Re: How connect Devleoper/2000 Reports Designer to an ODBC DSN ?

From: Řivind Berge <Oberge_at_online.no>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 20:52:40 +0000

Tim Platt wrote:

> I am trying to use Dev 2000 reports designer to report on Lotus Notes data
> via ODBC.
> When I am prompted by the Connect dialog, what should I enter ? I have
> configured
> the ODBC connection and tested it with ODBCTEST. I just don't know how to
> tell
> reports designer that I am wanting to connect to an ODBC source, instead of
> an Oracle source.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim (If replying by e-mail remove NOSPAM tag).

I have tried this by using Oracle Open Client adapter for ODBC (OCA) and it works on many database-types. I have not tried Notes, but You could try it.

Add Attached Library OCA to your application and log on by using :

  ConnID := OCA.DBCONNECT('User/password_at_ODBC:System DSN');

Test the connection by using UBT32.EXE from where You also can test any select statement

If this work, I vould like to now

Oivind Berge
Oivind.Berge_at_hydro.com Received on Mon Dec 07 1998 - 21:52:40 CET

Original text of this message