Re: Converting forms 30 application to forms 45 application

From: Louise Weiler <johnsl2_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 19:23:52 GMT

Define "converter"...

Forms 4.5 will "convert" a Forms 3.0 .inp file to a .fmb file which can be generated into an .fmx. However, any Forms 2.3 triggers left floating around will remain Forms 2.3 triggers (remember steps? ICK!). And, since in the GUI environment, the "screen size" is smaller than the "screen size" in a character based environment, some things will have to be moved around, resized, etc.

Depending on the number of forms and the complexity of the forms, it might be easier to re-write them.

Louise