Re: Temporary work table

From: pnolin <pnolin_at_easynet.fr>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 00:31:49 +0100

Todd a écrit:

> We are coding report for more than one user run at the same which use
> temporary work table to process and store data before format the report.
> There are two way to do this:
>
> 1. One work table for all users, the data generated by individual user is
> identified by session id or user id.
>
> 2. Users create their own table during report running, so we got
> more than one tables as the report executed by mutilple users.
>
> Since these data are only available during report running, the data became
> useless after report generated. So we would like to know which method is
> better.
>
> Any comment is welcome!

My comment :

It is generally easier to insert rows in an already existing table than to create/drop a table.
You don't know if this operation (create table) will success.

If you put the data in a common work table : 1.- you keep a log of execution that can be used after (to debug the report for example)
2.- depending of your system, you can launch the program a second time but these advantages are not useful in your case.

Patrice. Received on Sun Dec 06 1998 - 00:31:49 CET

Original text of this message