Report tools for Oracle?

From: mikel <not_at_really.com>
Date: 1998/12/04

[Quoted] Hi all

Our IS section wants to use Impromptu for creating reports for their AS/400 db and they want us to use it for Oracle reports as well (mostly web stuff). That way they have a better case to buy it.

Currently we are using Cold Fusion to create web reports from Oracle and it's working fine. It's a little clunky (all html and cfml coding), however it's very versatile. I'd hate to loose that versatility for the sake of a point and click report tool. On the other hand, if Impromptu does what we want, in less development time, then that's a good thing, right?

If I'm looking at report tools, then what about Oracle Reports and Oracle WebDB, Crystal Reports, etc.. Perhaps it's better to ask what other report tools people are using and see if Impromptu measures up to the other tools.

Any opinions appreciated

Mikel Received on Fri Dec 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message