Dynamic SQL in Forms4.5

From: <srijay_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 21:48:58 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] Is there a way to run an SQL command within a form and display the result of that SQL in a form filed.

eg:
Form will retrieve the SQL select statment which is stored in a table1.col1, and put it on the form :BLK1.FIELD1. Then I want to run this SQL select statement and display the results in the form field.

 :BLK1.FIELD2 := SELECT USER FROM DUAL; -- this works!

  But the thing is 'select user from dual' is in the form variable :BLK1.FIELD1. Can I do the following:

   :BLK1.FIELD2 := EXEC SQL(:BLK1.FIELD1); Thanks,
Sri.