cannot insert into table

From: Krishna Subramanian <krishnas_at_mailings.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:56:27 -0600

I get the following error message when I try to insert a new record into a table (different from the table represented by the block) from a form: Quote
FRM-40600: Record has already been inserted. Unquote
I have the insert statement in a When-button-pressed trigger and is to execute when :system.record_status is 'Insert' or 'New'. The ID (primary key) is generated automatically and shows up on the screen when displayed. Values are provided for all NOT NULL columns. The insert statement works fine from SQL*PLUS. The insert statement is followed by a commit. (I have also tried commit_form). I would appreciate any help on this problem. Thanks. Received on Thu Dec 03 1998 - 20:56:27 CET

Original text of this message