Problems in Forms 4.5 to 5.0 conversion

From: Babette Turner-Underwood <babettet_at_you.cant.spam.me>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 18:27:51 GMT

We have an application developed in 16-bit Forms 4.5 I have opened each of the forms using Forms Builder 5.0. Doing this will cause an automatic conversion of forms to occur. Everything seemed to go well. There were a few prompts about converting from CHAR to VARCHAR2, etc.

However, when I RAN the Forms 5.0 version, there was a problem with the display. The Forms 4.5 were created to completed fill the screen, using 800x600 resolution. When I run the Forms 5.0 version, under the same resolution, scroll bars have been added which block part of the canvas view.

I checked the size of the canvas and form and both are identical under Forms 4.5 and Forms 5.0 (that is 20.95 width and 12.6 height). If I go into the form and change the canvas to 12.5 height, everything is fine in Forms 5.0 (but this is on the first "splash screen" form, and I do not want to have to go in and play with canvases, windows, etc for ALL of my forms).

I have contacted Oracle Support and they have not heard of anything like this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Many Thanks
Babette Turner-Underwood, TMI Communications babettet_at_tmi.ca.NOSPAM (remove appropriate part to e-mail me) Received on Thu Dec 03 1998 - 19:27:51 CET

Original text of this message