SQL QUESTION !

From: Kenny Lim <Kennylim_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 11:14:32 -0800

Hi,

[Quoted] I am kinda stuck here trying to create a row below every invoices number spaced and totaled. Therefore will be able to get a summary overview of the report. Does anyone know how to do it ? Please Advise.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ken

select invoice_id,
menu_id,
description,
quantity,
(price * quantity) as subtotal,
(price*quantity * 0.085) as tax,
(price*quantity * 0.085+price*quantity) as total
from menus;
where invoice_id = invoice_id
and menu_id = menu_id;

Result : (HOW DO I GET A TOTAL SUMMARIZED AT THE END OF EVERY INVOICES?!)

INVOICE_ID   MENU_ID  DESCRIPTION                QUANTITY  SUBTOTAL   TAX
TOTAL
----------        ---------          -------------------------      --------
-      ---------      -----  -----
[Quoted]       1001         1   Peking Spareribs                          1
9            .    77    9.8

      1002         2  Peking Duck                                 1
7                .60    7.6

      1003         3  Walnut Shrimp                               2
16               1.36   17.4

      1004         4   Kung Pao Chicken                        1
7                .60    7.6

      1005         4   Kung Pao Chicken                         1
7                .60    7.6
      1005         5   Szechuan Chicken                         1
7                .60    7.6

6 rows selected. Received on Wed Dec 02 1998 - 20:14:32 CET

Original text of this message