Migration of oracle6 applications to oracle8

From: (wrong string) ão <cpatrao_at_despodata.pt>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 12:25:44 +0100

II’m involved in a project to migrate oracle6 applications(forms, reports, menus and ProC programs) to oracle8, the oracle6 running in the operating system UNIX V
(ICL/DRS6000) and the oracle8 in HP-UX11.

What kind of tools exist to make this type of conversions ?

To converting oracle6 ProC applications it’s easy , I need only compile the sources of
programs in the new system , but what I do with the forms and reports ? I trying compile
the forms source files in the Forms Designer 4.5 (developer 2000) in my w95 PC but
apparently this form builder don't support the extension file *.inp.

Thanks in advance for any tips and advises about this problem and sorry for the ugly
English

--
Carlos Patrao: mailto:cpatrao_at_despodata.pt
               http://www.despodata.pt/ddata/pessoal/cpatrao

               TELEF: (351) (01) 888 01 48
               FAX..: (351) (01) 887 92 66

               Rua da Prata Nº 166 4º Dto, 1100 Lisboa, Portugal