Re: Developer 2000 - to be use with non oracle database

From: TS - Toni Suhartono <toni_s_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 18:58:19 +0700

Hi Azan,
  I've been migrating application (developer/2000) and database Oracle RDBMS to Ms SQL Server 7

 First, You have to install Oracle OCA (Open Client Adapter) for ODBC ,   it will install some documentations that explain the connectivity from Ora developer/2000 to many database
  in 'open 2000 documentation' group menu. you can follow them. Documentation for connecting to SQL7
is not available yet. but u can use "Using Dev2000 with Sybase and SQL Server" (SQL 6.5)  u can connect your dev/2k to Sql7 thru ODBC by typing "scott/tiger_at_odbc:sql7" as connect string (sql7 is DSN)
 but u must create some 'oracle dictionary'/tables (such as : 'ALL_TABLES' table, etc) on Ms Sql7 first
  because Ora Dev/2k Forms STILL read oracle syntax and oracle dictionary.   It will be the main problem when you compile your programs, if you re not experience enough with dev/2k.

  I dont recommed you using Dev/2k Forms , if your application is complicated.

 I dont think Dev/2k Forms Menus Securities still work, either

TS

azhan98_at_tm.net.my wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a very straight forward question.

;;;;;;;