Re: Forms 5.0 on the web

From: Timothy Taylor <ttaylor_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 19:46:14 -0500

John,

By default, Forms places the toolbar on the MDI (Multiple Document Interface) window. The current version of Java does not support the MDI concept. What you need to do is move your toolbars from the MDI window and place them on the window. Look on the property sheet for the form object in your module. One of the properties allows you to specify which of the windows in the application will contain the toolbar. The MDI window is usually called something like ROOT. Try changing this property to another window.

You will need to do all the things that the other posters suggested, such as converting the icons to GIF files and putting the GIFs somewhere that the web server can find them.

If none of this makes sense, email me privately.

Tim Taylor
Technical Account Manager
Oracle Government
Reston, VA

John Noronha wrote:

> When viewed from the browser everything is fine with the form functionality
> except that we cannot see the TOOLBAR. (Note: this is a customised toolbar
> and is visible when the form is run outside the browser. i.e. as a normal
> forms fmx). Are we missing something somewhere. Designer/2K ver 2.1, Forms
> 5.0, Internet Explorer 4.0. Would appreciate some guidance.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John Noronha
> ADNOC FOD
> Abu Dhabi, UAE
> Ph: +971 2 7031483
> Fax: +971 2 742265
> E-mail: john.noronha_at_adnoc-fod.co.ae

|                  http://govt.us.oracle.com                   |
|Timothy E. Taylor             Internet: ttaylor_at_us.oracle.com |
|Technical Account Manager     Office:   703.364.2407          |
|Oracle Government             Fax:                            |