OO4O, PL/SQL and NULL values.

From: Steve Bellamy <100074.1541_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 19:23:44 -0500

I'm am using Oracle Object for OLE to link to data in a 7.3.4 database. We have developed some PL/SQL packages which work fine when called from PL/SQL or SQL*Plus.
However, when used from OO4O any NULL parameter values seem to get corrupted.
VARCHAR2 data is returned as an empty VB string rather than NULL. NULL dates come back as the 'default' value entered by the oraDatabase.parameters.add method, or a date in 1970 if there was no default given.

Is this expected behaviour? and can anybody suggest a work around?

OO4O seems to handle NULL column values in dynasets okay.

Thanks

        Steve Bellamy Received on Wed Dec 02 1998 - 01:23:44 CET

Original text of this message