Re: OCI 8.0 and C++ name collision

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/12/01

On Tue, 01 Dec 1998 17:04:52 GMT, car_at_access1.digex.net (Mr. Blue) wrote:

>Situation:
>Using Oracle 8.0.4 on NT 4.0 Machine using VC 5.0
>I have define __STDC__ to compile under C++
>

>I'm getting a name collision on the symbol "text" between
>oci.h and fstream.h. Has anyone else encountered this and/or found
>a workaround?

Look in the header file oratypes.h, at the defintion of OraText:

	#ifndef LUSEMFC
	 	typedef OraText text;
	#endif

So all you need to do is define the constant LUSEMFC, which will define "OraText" and not "text". After this, no conflict with your other headers should occur.

>Email replies appreciated,
>Thanks,
>Chris

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Tue Dec 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message