Moving from ODBC to something better

From: Steven Crimmins <crimmins_at_NOSPAMwtwitc.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 18:59:28 GMT

Hi,
[Quoted] We have been using the ODBC interface and drivers for Oracle. Although the ODBC interface provides a nice abstraction, connection times and overall performance appear to be lacking.

We would like to move to a new interface that provides a similar type of abstraction, but works better with Oracle. (We want to avoid the hassles of different ODBC Driver versions and what not.) Also, we were hoping for better performance than ODBC.

What are our best choices that will provide a roughly equivalent abstraction to Oracle?

We are writing an application in C++ using the Microsoft IDE.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Steve
Steven Crimmins
Wesson, Taylor, Wells and Associates
Computer Telephony Integration Services
(919) 941-6946
(919) 941-9632 (fax)

crimmins_at_wtwitc.com Received on Tue Dec 01 1998 - 19:59:28 CET

Original text of this message