Re: How do I switch from M$ to Oracle products?

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: 1998/11/30

<_at_kzo.us.pnu.com> wrote:

>I worked with Dev 2000/Oracle 7.3 and VB5/SQL server.
>
>I feel it is better not touch Dev2000. it is really a bad product compared
>to VB.
>
>It is better to go with VB/Delphi as a frontend and Oracle /SQL Server back
>end.
>Even in web technologies it is better to stick with MS than an unreliable
>Oracle....
>
>Shelly

As a long time user of Oracle Developer products ( as well as VB and VC++ ), this categorical canard can't stand unchallenged...There are many large-scale applications out there built entirely with developer2000 ( and its predecessors) and they provide their users with completely satisfactory performance ( as much as any software can provide)..

Depending on the way you like to develop apps, you may prefer VB over Dev2000 but this is a far cry from Dev2000 being a bad product....

( as to reliability, this may be the only time I have ever seen MS held up as the model of reliability! )

John Greco
Oracle Developer/DBA

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Mon Nov 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message