Procedure Builder - Terrible Performance

From: Paul Kratz <pkratz_at_tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 11:30:47 -0600

Hi,

I am running Procedure Builder against a an Oracle 7.3 database over the Internet. I have found that any time I do a save on a package it takes a very long time to come back (at least 5 minutes). I recently went from a dial up connection to a cable modem, but performance is still terrible(more than 4 minutes).

When I edit the same packages on our local area network responses are essentially instantaneous (a few seconds on a bad day).

Can anyone give me some pointers on improving the performance.

--
Paul Kratz