Re: Using SQL Loader on a client machine

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 29 Nov 1998 19:12:15 GMT

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998 12:01:52 +0800, "Jacky Tu" <jacky_tu_at_ssic.com.tw> wrote:

> Is that possible to use sqlloader on a client machine to load local data
>into database on teh server?
>If so, how do I specify the service name? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it certainly is possible. Assume that you have a service name of PROD. The following command should be enough to get you started:

        sqlldr80 system/manager_at_prod control=XXX

As you can see, the service name goes after the user-id and password, and is separated from them by an ampersand character.

regards,

Jonathan Received on Sun Nov 29 1998 - 20:12:15 CET

Original text of this message