Re: SQLREP converting to ORACLE REPORTS

From: P. Larsen <petlars_at_fls.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 13:01:03 -0500

REX files are very sentive ASCII files.
Try to open the REX file in an editor - if you do not see small lines prefixed with a number - for instance, your CR is not transfered correctly, then you haven't set the ASCII option of KERMIT. Also, make sure that all "special characters" from VMS gets translated into the PC character set.

From my VMS days I remember we had small PASCAL programs that did the ASCII conversion after the KERMIT transfer - which included special national character conversion.

  • P. Larsen