Oracle 8 Enterprise on NT--web questions

From: Michael Molloy <UKAlumni_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 00:09:56 -0600

[Quoted] My work has purchased an Oracle contract that includes just about everything Oracle makes, but only Enterprise 8 has been released to us so far. (Don't ask me why . . . .)

I'm using Enterprise on NT Server 4.

My question is, what is the best way to connect the database to the web? I have access to Netscape Enterprise Server, and of course NT comes with IIS. I would prefer to use IIS since it is built in (so to speak), but all of my users use Netscape Communicator. I *think* .asp pages can be made to work with Communicator, but I'm not sure. . . .

Does anyone have a suggestion about the path I should follow? Netscape Enterprise & Javascript to connect to the Oracle Database, or IIS and some form of J-Script or Javascript that will allow me to create .asp pages that will connect to the Oracle database and work in Netscape?

Please remember that I currently do not have access to Oracle Web Application Server (or any other Oracle software, for that matter).

Thanks
--Michael Received on Fri Nov 27 1998 - 07:09:56 CET

Original text of this message