Re: How do I switch from M$ to Oracle products?

From: Quentin Sherman Xue <qxue_at_sii.cl>
Date: 1998/11/26

Try to use ORACLE8 or 7.3.3 + Netscape's Entreprise Pro 3.0 and its LiveWire to build HTML GUI. I had compared it with Oracle's Web Application Server, Netscape is more fast. I don't know why. May be the HTP package of Oracle is more CPU consuming than the LiveWire of Netscape.

We are currently developing an Internet tax-paying system with this solution.

Good luck.

Quentin Sherman Xue             Manager of System Engineering
                                Network & Security Consultant
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE,Chile    Working Phone: 56-2 6921746
Teatinos 120, Santiago, Chile       Working Fax: 56-2 6921701
e-mail: qxue_at_sii.cl                    WWW: http://www.sii.cl

Billiam <shockapo_at_hotmail.com> escribió en artículo <73i45t$53g_at_sjx-ixn4.ix.netcom.com>...

> This not meant to be a flame, but I'm tired of working with low-quality
> software - and I would like to swtich to working with high-quality
 software.
> I've spent a small fortune trying to keep up with Bill Gate's annual
 upgrades to
> every single buggy developers product in the MS suite. From the
 incredibly
> crappy Access to the super-bloated VB6. I hope to spend my next fortune
 on
> tools that are more stable, last longer, and do not crash as often.
>
> I find Oracle8i very intriguing, but I am not familiar with the Oracle
 product
[Quoted] > line. I thought Oracle client-server work was done using Developer2000 +
> Oracle7. It looks like there is a change in direction, and everything is
 being
> rolled in to Oracle8i using Java. Is this accurate? Or is that just for
> "ultra-thin" clients?
>
> I am use to VB + MS-SQL and Delphi+Interbase. Should I be looking in to
[Quoted] > Developer2000+Oracle8 or Oracle8i? I don't even know what tools are
 available,
> the ones that caught my eye (WebDB) appear to still be in beta.
>
> Can I get Personal Oracle8 for free? Will that be a good learning tool?
 Is