Urgent: Monitoring the database

From: Isidore Kounoupas <Isidore.Kounoupas_at_eurodyn.com.gr>
Date: 1998/11/26

Hi,

[Quoted] I have the following problem: An application that uses Oracle 8.0.4 and Perl DBI, DBD libraries, suddenly spawns a lot of processes which seem to be stuck. CPU usage goes to high numbers. I'm not a DBA and I don't know if the following question is kind of basic. How can I detect from Oracle which processes are really stuck and when this started happening? Is there any good debugging tool that would be easy to use and report me such information?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Isidore Received on Thu Nov 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message