Re: ODBC and Oracle Names work together?/mlml

From: Cheryl Miller <cmiller_at_stlnet.com>
Date: 1998/11/26

What version of SQLNet & ODBC are you using? We've run into the same problem with NET8 & the NET8 ODBC driver from Oracle. Oracle's response was to patch the ODBCTST program. We've also run into a problem with Microsoft Query crashing with these drivers as well. Microsoft has provided us with a patched version of MS-Query.

Hope this helps.

Cheryl Miller
DBA
cmiller_at_stlnet.com

Michel Lee wrote in message <73g0md$gp5_at_freenet-news.carleton.ca>...

>Hi,
>
>Oracle Names is installed in the server
>and I am using 'ONAMES' in my client instead of the 'basic'
>TNSNAMES.ORA file.
>
>Sql*plus works on the client.
>But ODBC does not, it just crashes the ODBCTEST.EXE program
>(with that MS-DEBUG popup).
>I have search hi and low on the net but no clues.
>
>Any clues?
>
>thx
>

>Mike
>--