Development Tools

From: Ha Kong Kuen <kkha_at_hkusua.hku.hk>
Date: 26 Nov 1998 08:13:02 GMT

Hi,

We are on the verge of deciding what development tools to use for the coming years. Our boss like the idea of WEB applications very much. But users have some reservation based on the past experience of some of our simpler applications using Oracle WEB server and Javascript.

My question is:

Is Developer 2000 rel 2.1 a good product? How is it compare in terms of developement efforts and features in comparing to say JBuilder. How about developed using Forms 5.0 and then WEB-enabled them?

Is Reports 3.0 really claims what it does now? i.e. running on WEB with no difficulty? Better than Reports 2.5?

How about Discoverer 3.1? Any comparison with other tools such as crystal report, Brio?

Thanks for any comments.. Received on Thu Nov 26 1998 - 09:13:02 CET

Original text of this message