Re: Scheduling Dev2000 application

From: <attemt_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 02:33:57 GMT

Hello Sunder,

There can be several reasons why your Oracle forms app may not run when Scheduled and I'm presuming it works ok when run interactively.

Schedule programs don't execute properly when user input is required to make the program work as they often execute non-interactively. A warning dialog displayed by the scheduled job may cause it to suspend indefinitely while waiting for user input.

You can force the AT.EXE command to execute interactively by changing it's properties in control panel 'Services' icon. The 'Schedule' service startup properties should be set to 'System Account' and 'Allow service to interact with the desktop' must be checked. This will reveal if an application is displaying a dialog box that requires user input, a no-no with scheduled jobs.

If your Forms app accesses network resources or a remote database via named pipes or some other network protocol protected by the Windows NT security model the 'System Account' will fail as it doesn't have sufficient privileges to access network resources. In that case you will need to provide an account for the 'Schedule' service. SQLNet and other Oracle protocols that sit outside the NT security model shouldn't experience this problem.

My company is almost ready to start beta testing an advanced scheduling product for Windows NT called Liquid Time. It has been designed with simplicity and power in mind and can be used to schedule Oracle reports and forms. It is far more powerful that Enterprise Manager and supports a diagramming GUI that lets you draw batch diagrams on screen that can then be queued for scheduling. Anyone is invited to participate in our Beta Program which is soon to commence. To find out more visit http://www.liquidtime.com

Regards,
Trevor Attema
Code Blue Technologies
The makers of Liquid Time, advanced job scheduling solutions for Windows NT. http://www.liquidtime.com

In article <01be18ac$202e4f60$596410ac_at_qaw_lap_dave.fh.us.bosch.com>,   "Sunder" <sunder.nochilur_at_pcm.bosch.com> wrote:
> I have developed an application in dev2000 V1.5 that sends e-mails.I want
> this application to run every monday at 7:00 AM. I tried to schedule this
> application on NT workstation.
>
> The command is
>
> does not nun. Does anybody have any experience with scheduling dev2000
> applictions.

> at 07:00 /interactive /every:M "cmd /c d:\app\mail.bat" > d:\app\mail.log
>
> The mail.bat file has the following line
>
> d:\orawin95\bin\f45run32.exe d:\app\form\mail.fmx
>
> when the batch file is executed f45run32.exe is started but the application>
Any help in this regard is appriciated.