Re: OAS3 problem on NT-Server

From: <cary_at_nams.net>
Date: 1998/11/25

Hello,

  Try the following....First, on the machine from which you are browsing, add HOSTNAME to the names.directory_path variable in the SQLNET.ORA file. Next, edit your local hosts file (/etc/hosts on UNIX and C:\Windows\hosts on Win95), and add an entry of the form 'host.domain server IP address'. Note that the host.domain must match (I think) the listener's Host Name field on the Web server. On the server machine, make sure the Web server is up and running (owsctl status wrb, owsctl start wrb). After this, do the same for the admin listener (owsctl status admin, owsctl start admin). To access the Web administration pages, point your browser to http://host.domain:8888 (8888 is the default port for the admin listener). If you still have problems, e-mail me directly at cary_at_nams.net, and I will try to help.

Cary