Re: Designer/2000 Repository

From: P. Larsen <plarsen_at_dc.dynares.com>
Date: 1998/11/25

Hi,
The read-only copy is documented. Just look in your start menu. All CI% views, including relationsships etc. are documented using the usual HTML approach.
But your suggestion that it's faster to first program your form and then enter LOTS of entities I really don't understand or recommend. You need to enter a entity only to enter the name - that's it. Make a matrix-list and you can enter entities just by typing the name, ENTER, new name, ENTER etc. Could be any easier? The same goes for the attributes of the entities. You don't need to set the type of the field right away.

Direct access to the repository using DML is not recommended unless you are VERY sure of what you do. For mass CHANGES (updates) I have forced to use UPDATE a few times. But almost every other change can be done faster from the repository navigator.

  • Peter Larsen Senior Oracle Consultant