Help: UTL_FILE.FOPEN limit

From: <susana73_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/11/23

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hi, I am trying to use UTL_FILE package to dump out tables into text format. [Quoted] However, UTL_FILE.FOPEN has a limit of 1024 characters(does it make sence for [Quoted] a database?!). So I tried to modify the internal default package in /orant/rdbms/admin/utlfile.sql : FUNCTION fopen(location IN VARCHAR2,

filename  IN VARCHAR2,	open_mode  IN VARCHAR2,  max_linesize IN
BINARY_INTEGER)        ### I add this line	 RETURN file_type;

then run it as SYS, and rewrite my procedure: utl_file.fopen('c:\','filename','w',2000); ...
However, when I execute it, I got the following err: ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at "user_name.procedure_name", line 44
ORA-06512: at line 1

What happen? Am I not suppose to modify the default sys package?

Thanks!!

Susana