VB 6 Oracle Control and Logging in

From: J. Bigger <jimb-ss_at_hughes.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:19:16 -0800

Greetings all,

I am currently developing a VB6 application the 1) prints a report and 2) updates the a "Last Printed" field in an Oracle DB with the system date. The report runs through Crystal Reports (no problems there). My problem is: When I inlcude the VB 6 Oracle control in my main form, and try to access the data (through a linked text box for example), I get an error stating my login failed due to an improper user name or password. The username is correctly entered in my ODBC setup as wel as my Oracle drivers for Windows 95.

Question: How do I get connected?

Any help would be appreciated.

JRB Received on Mon Nov 23 1998 - 23:19:16 CET

Original text of this message