Re: Forms 4.5: Forms Doc generates Dr. Watson

From: Arnold Schommer <aschommer_at_fs-edv.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:17:55 GMT

kwon_at_alcor.concordia.ca (Jang Kwon) wrote:

>Hi Oracle Users,

>I'm currently trying to generate documentation using the "Forms Doc"
>option in the Administator section of the "File" menu. If the form is
>quite large, my Windows NT workstation will generate a Dr. Watson
>"access violation" message and then will terminate Forms 4.5.

>It looks like the machine is running out of resources in trying to
>generate the documentation of this form. Have any of you experienced
>this or know why this is happening?

>Is there anything that can be done either in Forms Designer or Windows
>NT? I will appreciate any type of assistance you can offer.

>Please either post a reply or e-mail me at kwon_at_alcor.concordia.ca

>Happy Oracle'ing!

>Jang Kwon
>Senior Programmer/Analyst
>Concordia University
>Montreal, Quebec, Canada

The same happened to me with several forms. The reason seems to be a compilation error (or -problem): If i do "compile" instead of "generate", i get an error but no crash. The support gave me an useful hint: i should "consolidate" the form using the generator: try something like

Hope it helps.

Arnold Schommer

Arnold Schommer Received on Fri Nov 20 1998 - 10:17:55 CET

Original text of this message