Re: Problem connecting Oracle Webserver with Net80?

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/11/19

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:33:02 +0100, "Alex Snoeren" <snoeren_NOSPAM_at_casema.net> wrote:

>Hello!
>I have installed oracle webserver and am using oracle8 database, now I
>cannot connect to the database via the webserver .. it says:
>ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed
>
>i tried the SID and the net80 names...
>
>Do i have to install sql*net7???

Not sure what version of the Oracle WebServer you are using (WebServer 2.1? Web Application Server 3.0? Oracle Application Server 4.0?).

But it sounds like you have determined what your problem is. The "no interface driver connected" message usually implies that you do not have the correct Oracle networking software installed on your system. For the purpose of connecting your WebServer to Oracle8, install the SQL*Net client software on this same machine (and make sure you specify the SQL*Net connect string and not the Oracle SID when configuring your WebServer's DCD/DAD).

>Alex.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Thu Nov 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message