Pass Params Frm50 > Rep30 (1 or 2 flds)

From: Jim Halverson <jimbo_h_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 13:25:45 -0800

Dear Fellow Developers,

I am finally using Oracle Reports (Ora Dev since '89).  My first hurdle is passing a simple parameter from Forms 5.0 to Oracle Reports 3.0.  I am trying to find a good example for the RUN_PRODUCT built-in.  I've gone over many variations of GET_PARAMETER_LIST, CREATE_PARAMETER_LIST, ADD_PARAMETER, and DESTROY_PARAMETER_LIST.

Can someone just GIVE me an example of using a field from the form and sending that value through RUN_PRODUCT to the Report.  The reports are built already, and can be run if the user knows the parameter (they don't), So I just need the link between Forms and Reports.

I also am unable to run the Report Converter (R30CON32.EXE).  Should it be able to convert a SQL*ReportWriter report to Oracle Reports 3.0 report?

Thanks,

Jimbo