Problems with Developer 20000 2.1

From: G.G. <gianpaw_at_tin.it>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 00:33:02 +0100

[Quoted] We have a problem with Oracle Developer 2000 ver.2.1, in particular with Report Builder /
Runtime ver.3.0.5.8.0.
We have compiled (generated .rep) some report connecting to an Oracle server 8.0.4 by sqlnet
(server NT 4.0, language of Oracle server=English,language of Oracle Developer=English,Sid=B,
Schema=Marte) and all reports work using the runtime connected with the same Oracle server of the
compilation. But using the Runtime connected with other Oracle Servers (the same configuration
of before but with different SIDS) they don't work: there aren't any Oracle errors
but the actions of the background server report give this error message:

REP-0002 Unable to retrieve a string from the report builder message file.

If we compile again the reports with another Oracle server they work with this server but
not with others (neither with that server which worked before).

Looking forward to hearing you, best regards.

Gianpaolo Giliberto - gianpaw_at_tin.it Received on Thu Nov 19 1998 - 00:33:02 CET

Original text of this message