data update in a cursor

From: Chris Eastwood <c.undieseastwood_at_gu.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:23:14 GMT

HiYa

I have not used this before, however I thought that this would work, the documentation seems to suggest it should work. The code executes fine, but nothing is put into the field valid_flag???

what am I doing wrong??

I can get it to work another way, but I wanted to get this working ...

Thanks

set serveroutput on
declare

    l_today            date;
    l_pr_group         GLF_PGRP_LDG.pgrp_name%type;

--cursor to cycle through each item in the temp table CURSOR C_ACCNT_NR is

    select cost_code , valid_flag
    from fn_temp
    for update of valid_flag;

begin

    dbms_output.enable(100000);

    select sysdate
    into l_today
    from dual;

    l_pr_group := 'GRIF'||to_char(l_today,'YY');

    FOR someone in C_ACCNT_NR LOOP

        IF CA00.CHECK_ACCOUNT(someone.cost_code ,
                                  l_pr_group) THEN
          someone.valid_flag := 'Y';
        dbms_output.put_line(someone.cost_code||' is valid');
        ELSE
          someone.valid_flag := 'N';
        dbms_output.put_line(someone.cost_code||' is not valid');
        END IF;

    END LOOP;
commit;
end;
/

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood

Photographer, Programmer               email    ua.ude.ug.cti_at_doowtsae.c
Motorcyclist and dingbat               WWW   http://chrise.itc.gu.edu.au

please remove undies for reply

Ohhh ... you work all day, slave over a hot stove all night  yet you *still* have time for sadomasochism ... how do you do it?

A little man hurts me.

<ding>

    Oh Mister Mean ... Oh Mister Mean
    15 Minutes with him and you'll be blue and green     Studded belts and leather whips
    Bondage trousers on his hips
    Wack and punish as you dust with Mister Mean   Ohhhh he whips me around the house in minutes ... lets get cracking ... Received on Wed Nov 18 1998 - 09:23:14 CET

Original text of this message