Oracle Client Installation via Browser

From: MMK <javacafeman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/11/17

Has anyone configured the Oracle Client Software for Windows NT to be web driven? We have an Intranet and many of our applications can be installed from the Intranet using a web browser. Many of the installation routines are created using the Web version of Installshield. I do not want to use InstallShield for Oracle Client Installation since Oracle already has a nice installation utility (which takes care of file and product dependencies). Currently, my thought is to find out a way to spawn the installer via the browser. The client software resides under a Windows NT share on the network. We would prefer to use UNC for all then files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Murali Received on Tue Nov 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message